As extra capacity is required in the short term, it was decided to opt for two planes currently operated by a large European flag carrier. These aircraft meet all Luxair safety, quality and comfort standards. The LuxairGroup fleet will then have 8 Boeing 737 jets and 11 Bombardier Q400 tubo-prop planes.
• +1 daily flight to Copenhagen (from 2 to 3 daily flights)
As of the winter season 2018/2019:
• Dublin flights operated by a Boeing 737 (instead of a Bombardier Q400)
• +1 daily flight to Paris (from 3 to 4 daily flights)
• +1 daily flight to Vienna (from 3 to 4 daily flights)
• +1 daily flight to Milan-Malpensa (from 3 to 4 daily flights)
As any European airline, Luxair is experiencing ever increasing operational disruptions that are beyond the airline’s control, but which affect passenger comfort (Air traffic control and/or ground handling strikes, increasing congestion of European air space and airports, unpredictable weather phenomena, etc.). The significant investment in two additional aircraft will allow LuxairGroup to stabilise its network and mitigate the negative effect of disruptions especially also with regards to the runway refurbishment planned in the coming years, thus maintaining high standards of service, quality and punctuality.